If not performed properly, damage can result to the irrigation system and will be
evident the following season when the sprinkler system is started up again. That is why it is very important to
avoid the seasonally advertised “SPECIAL” for this service. In the end, it will cost you more money to repair the
damage done by a “DIY guy”, landscaper or handyman who is not fully licensed, insured, trained, or equipped.
October 1st thru December 15th (temperature permitting) is the optimal time window to
winterize and blow out your lawn sprinkler irrigation system. Pacific Lawn Sprinkler’s Service Department will have
already scheduled your planned maintenance visit and will be contacting you to remind you of that day and time
window. All of the service appointments provided by Pacific are backed by our “ON TIME OR ON US GUARANTEE”. We will be there when we
say we will or WE PAY YOU!
When winterized correctly, your lawn sprinkler system will be ready to handle whatever
Mother Nature throws at it over the winter season. As spring rolls around again and the temperature begins to
increase, you can be assured that the friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives at Pacific Lawn
Sprinklers will be on the job ready to do it all over again.
Here’s what you can expect from the Pacific Lawn Sprinklers Team:
- Your prescheduled appointment will be either sent to you on a postcard or emailed to you
- You will be reminded of this appointment between 24-48 hours before
- A uniformed Pacific Lawn Sprinklers technician in a trade marked “Bright Yellow” service vehicle will arrive at
your home within the time window of your scheduled appointment. They will have the proper equipment and
knowledge to perform the correct procedures to shut down and winterize your home’s lawn and garden irrigation
- Your lawn sprinkler’s main water service or well supply will be shut down or disconnected.
- A specially regulated air compressor will be attached to your irrigation system and the system will be charged
with the proper amount of forced air.
- Pacific’s technician will work through each individual zone completely forcing out all the residual water in the
main lines and lateral lines. A mist or “whistling” will be emitting from the sprinkler heads. This is the sign
that your irrigation lines have been properly winterized.
- A bright yellow tag will be placed on the main shut off valve notifying anyone to “DO NOT TOUCH” – the system
has been winterized.
- Any booster pumps, well lines or filters will be drained and the electrical sources will shut down or
- Upon completion of this service, your irrigation water supply will be shut down for the season and the control
timer will be placed in the “rest” mode.