If not performed properly, damage can result to the irrigation system and will be evident the following season when the sprinkler system is started up again. That is why it is very important to avoid the seasonally advertised “SPECIAL” for this service. In the end, it will cost you more money to repair the damage done by a “DIY guy”, landscaper or handyman who is not fully licensed, insured, trained, or equipped.
October 1st thru December 15th (temperature permitting) is the optimal time window to winterize and blow out your lawn sprinkler irrigation system. Pacific Lawn Sprinkler’s Service Department will have already scheduled your planned maintenance visit and will be contacting you to remind you of that day and time window. All of the service appointments provided by Pacific are backed by our “ON TIME OR ON US GUARANTEE”. We will be there when we say we will or WE PAY YOU!
When winterized correctly, your lawn sprinkler system will be ready to handle whatever Mother Nature throws at it over the winter season. As spring rolls around again and the temperature begins to increase, you can be assured that the friendly and knowledgeable customer service representatives at Pacific Lawn Sprinklers will be on the job ready to do it all over again.
Here’s what you can expect from the Pacific Lawn Sprinklers Team:
- Your prescheduled appointment will be either sent to you on a postcard or emailed to you
- You will be reminded of this appointment between 24-48 hours before
- A uniformed Pacific Lawn Sprinklers technician in a trade marked “Bright Yellow” service vehicle will arrive at your home within the time window of your scheduled appointment. They will have the proper equipment and knowledge to perform the correct procedures to shut down and winterize your home’s lawn and garden irrigation system.
- Your lawn sprinkler’s main water service or well supply will be shut down or disconnected.
- A specially regulated air compressor will be attached to your irrigation system and the system will be charged with the proper amount of forced air.
- Pacific’s technician will work through each individual zone completely forcing out all the residual water in the main lines and lateral lines. A mist or “whistling” will be emitting from the sprinkler heads. This is the sign that your irrigation lines have been properly winterized.
- A bright yellow tag will be placed on the main shut off valve notifying anyone to “DO NOT TOUCH” – the system has been winterized.
- Any booster pumps, well lines or filters will be drained and the electrical sources will shut down or disconnected.
- Upon completion of this service, your irrigation water supply will be shut down for the season and the control timer will be placed in the “rest” mode.