Lawn Sprinklers – Maintenance, Service and Installations
At the beginning of every Spring, your Irrigation System must be properly opened and set up for the coming season. The long winter, freezing temperatures and snow can be extremely harsh on your lawn sprinkler system’s components. A regimented professional spring start up process must be performed to ensure the system is in top working order. It is “NOT” simply – “just turning on the valve”. Pacific Lawn Sprinklers has proven irrigation solutions to ensure your lawn sprinkler system is operating at it’s best. Pacific knows you are extremely busy in your life and cannot be inconvenienced with missed appointments or broken promises. That’s why we have the most cutting edge scheduling process that allows you to either be prescheduled automatically, phone in a request or utilize our NEW online feature. Either way please note that every service appointment is backed by our “ON TIME OR ON US GUARANTEE”
Pacific’s 10 Point Checklist is what separates the DIY guy, the handyman, and the landscaper from the professionally trained irrigation technician. Pacific will perform the following:
- Reseal all plugs and drain valves.
- Slowly open the supply valves and pressurize supply lines and water mains.
- Perform a complete visual inspection of the main lines, backflow devices, and valve manifolds.
- Re-energize the power to the control timer, booster pumps or well systems.
- Energize each individual zone and perform a detailed inspection of the lateral supply lines. Check sprinkler heads, risers, drip irrigation lines or emitters for proper operation and direction. Each area is reviewed for proper coverage and the correct performance pressure. Any alteration, modification or repairs needed will be noted. Several common repairs/adjustments are:
- Garden irrigation sprinklers may need to be raised due to shrub or flower growth.
- Pop up sprinkler heads many need to be relocated due to shrub or flower growth, landscape changes, fence or tree installations.
- Replace any clogged nozzles
- Repair leaks in sprinkler lines
- Adjust sprinkler heads for direction and volume required for the specific area they are watering.
- Other inspections and adjustments to the automatic rain sensors, electronic control valves, control wiring and any isolation shut off valves shall be performed.
- All additional repairs or proposed alterations will be discussed and a quote will be provided. Depending upon the extent of the work it will be completed at this visit or rescheduled if additional time is required.
- The control timer will be reprogrammed for the proper settings and the battery backup will be replaced.
- The system will be rechecked once the repairs or alterations are completed. The system is now ready for the Spring season.
- Annual Backflow Testing : Pacific Lawn Sprinklers are State certified backflow testers that will perform the required annual testing to ensure that your backflow device is operating properly. Pacific technicians utilize calibrated testing devices to assure your drinking water is free of any containment in the irrigation lines. Pacific then submits all necessary paperwork to your designated governing water authority.
Review our Maintenance Page for a detailed description of the other services provided throughout the season. From the Start Up to the Closing, Pacific Lawn Sprinklers has you covered and will be at your service to ensure your lawn sprinkler system is providing the best possible irrigation to your lawn and landscape. Remember that all of our service appointment are backed by “ON TIME OR ON US GUARANTEE”